Breast Cancer: How togehter we can a difference!
Yes I just screamed that while sitting here at my computer desk, and while nobody was here to hear me, I just made a big step! While I believe that we are getting much better at talking about women’s health issues there is still a little bit of taboo when it comes to this subject.
For those who know me personally it is pretty clear that this is an issue that is very close to my heart! Both sides of my family have a history of breast cancer. My Great Grandmother, My Grandmother, My Stepmother, and Family Friends have all been diagnosed and survived this disease! Emotionally speaking almost everyone I know has been affected in some way. Statistically speaking either I or my sister will likely be diagnosed with Breast Cancer in this lifetime.
I remember my aunt pinning a pink ribbon on my dress at a family event once. “This is to support Grammy” she said and when I didn’t know what she was talking about, she was both shocked I didn’t know, and confused about what to say! It is my belief that when it comes to all of women’s health issues including breast care that we are able to speak with each other candidly, openly, and with comfort! So why am I going on about this now?
Well October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I’m doing everything that I can to get people inspired and enlightened to ways that they can help the cause! How can we work together and what can you do to help? Below you will find some great info and links!
- GET A MASSAGE!
- You read that correct! In the month of October I am donating $10.00 of every full priced massage booked under the “Making Strides Massage” to the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event in Albany’ s Washington Park on Oct 21st.
- To book this massage and be a part of the action simply go online at www.styleseat.com/sanctuarymassages and look for the October Special “Making Strides Massage”. You can also contact me directly at 518-878-3143 just make sure you do so before October 31st. *Massages may be redeemed at any time in October, November, December, or January; but most be booked and paid for in October to be a part of this donation.
- Join me for the Happy Breast Healthy Breast Workshop on October 24th at Orenda Yoga & Healing Arts at 7:30
- This workshop is meant to be a fun interactive night, where you will get the chance to learn some great self massage techniques, Cheryl Chapman’s Method of Phluffing the Girls, and much more. If you would like more information please contact Stephanie 518-878-3143 or Orenda directly http://www.orendayoga.org/healthybreasts. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- The cost is only $15.00 per person to attend, unless you have purchased a Fall Wellness Package from Orenda Yoga & Healing Arts in which case this is a complimentary event! * To purchase your own package please contact stephanie for details or Orenda Yoga directly at the above email address.
- Show Your Support with a PINK Hair extension
- Remember the sister I mentioned above? Well her name is Amanda Cavoli and she is an amazing hair stylist at Plush Salon in Scotia Glenville. She is offering the supportive Pink Hair Extensions for only $7.00 when you book a cut or a color with her. Trust me, it’s worth it and I promise you will LOVE your new look! Call 280-3167 to book with Amanda today!