Keep the Magic of the Holiday Season without all that Stress!
So excited to announce that my online Holiday Gift Shop is now OPEN! What this means is that you can now head to the website http://www.sanctuarymassages.com/holiday_gift_shop and get a little of your holiday shopping done early and from right where you are sitting! The holidays although are a favorite time of year for many the long lines, crowded stores, setting up and cleaning up of holiday parties can be stressful and wreak havoc on our bodies nervous system!
So what are some things we can do to help keep the season magical without all of that anxiety?
- Get yourself a Massage
- That’s right, it may seem like a frivolous thing during the season of giving but remember you can’t help anyone else if you don’t help yourself! Getting a massage will not only be a cozy warm treat on the chilly winter days, but it will give you the space and time for yourself to release all of the weight on your shoulders! During the holidays we spend a lot of time in our sympathetic nervous system (our bodies natural flight or fight response that kicks in during perceived danger and yes that crazy dad who nearly knocks you down to get that last doll on the shelf counts) , and we are really not meant to engage this system on a daily basis! So getting a massage will help engage your parasympathetic response, which is your bodies time to rest and digest. This means that getting a massage will not only feel great but could be just want you need to stay on top of your game!
- Make a plan (Santa got this right! Lists are the way to go)
- Write down all of the people who you are buying for this year and what kind of gift you really want to get them! Then go over the list carefully and group people together by those gifts. Need to hit up best buy for a few people, know that ahead of time so you can make the most of your time!
- Write down all of the things you need to get done, would like to get done and post in on your refrigerator. Make a deal with yourself that things don’t have to be perfect and that if one or two items don’t make it on your list that’s okay! Prioritize and figure out which things are most important to you, and remember that the rest while nice to have or have done will not make or break your season! Organize and don’t be afraid to ask the family when you need help!
- Stay Hydrated
- Drink as much water as possible to keep your body hydrated. This helps to flush out any toxins and keeps metabolic wastes from gathering up. The more hydrated you are the better you will feel and might even keep your immune system up enough to help you ward off that pesky winter cold
- Get plenty of sleep
- As stress mounts up on your plate sleep because more important. Dreaming helps to subconsciously sort out all of the things going on around you and plenty of sleep will help you to stay more clear and focused! It’s tempting to stay up late watching all of the TV specials or wrapping gifts but is important to set some limits for yourself. Pick a bed time and try to be in bed with the lights off not one minute later. Don’t be afraid to take a nap. If you have time during the day and you are feeling sleepy, GO FOR IT! Taking time for self care is not selfish, it is essential to your health.
- Avoid the stress of the shopping season whenever possible.
- I know that for some of you the best part the season is window shopping with music in your ears but busy stores and the mall can be a downright nightmare. So for those of you who don’t like crowds Shop online. This is not only an easy way to keep track of your money and have receipts together but will make your life a whole lot easier. Pick a few days where you know you have time; make yourself your favorite holiday treat put the Carols on shop online. You could even invite your friends over for an online shopping party. Share coupons and websites buy things together to avoid extra shipping charges and make it a fun event that is the opposite of stressful in store shopping.
And if you are looking for a gift that everyone will enjoy, stop by my online holiday shop ! You can buy a single gift certificate for that special someone or a pack of 3 or 6 and SAVE! Don’t forget to keep one for yourself!