Shop Til You Drop? I don’t think so!
Want to Save Your Body During the Shopping Season?
Here is some great tips:
Stay Hydrated! Be sure to drink lots of water, and not fill up on sugary drinks like soda or energy drinks! Also stay away from caffeine as these drinks can eventually make you crash
- Leave the Heals at home! Flats or sneakers tha fit really well are the best things to wear while shopping. Not only will your feel thank you, but you will be less likely to suffer from back or neck pain.
- The Right Purse! Opt for something that goes across your shoulder and hangs at your hip. This will leave your hands free and distribute weight evenly across your body.
- Ice! If you already have an old injury that acts up, be sure to use some ice the night before to help prevent any further injury or aches and pains.
At the Store
- Test Lift: Sometimes bags can be heavier then we think. Avoid unnecessary strain on your shoulder by simply testing the weight of each bag before you grab it to head to the next store
- Balance Weight Evenly: Make sure your distribute the items in each bag evenly and be sure to carry bags in both hands so that the bulk of bags is not pulling on one arm or wrist.
- Drop Off! Know where your car is parked and drop bags off as often as possible. Remember to LOCK your doors and cover bags with a blanket or sheet for extra security.
- Use Your Legs to Lift! When picking up furniture or big box objects, be sure to use your core strength (your thigh muscles) to lift and carry. Major back injuries can occur if you use your back!
- RELAX: After spending all that time in busy stores, it is important to calm your nervous system down! Leave gifts in bags for at least a few hours or to the next day. Have a cup of hot cocoa or eggnog and sit down to watch your favorite holiday movie, or even take a nap. Anything that you can do to “rest & digest” is going to be the best thing for your system
- Stretch: If you have a normal stretching routine, this is a good time to utilize it, as stretching your body may make a big difference in how you feel tomorrow. If you don’t know which stretches are best for you, please feel free to contact me, as I would be happy to discuss free of charge, which stretches may be best for your body.
- Heat: For immediate aches and pains, heat will help. Try 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off of a heating pack or climb into a nice hot bath with some epsom Salts
- GET A MASSAGE! Yes! The stress of the holiday season can take a major toll on our bodies both mentally and physically so Massage is perfect to stay balanced and ready to celebrate with loved ones this holiday season!
If you have any questions or would like to go ahead and book that message for yourself or a loved one this season, please visit www.SanctuaryMassages.com where you can purchase gift certificates online with pay pal or even link to my online booking system!
For in depth information about how to save your body this holiday season please check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZhskRPQ5w&feature=plcp